Akhanda Prenatal Yoga 100-hour Teacher Training
With Erin (Usha Anandi) Foley
October 27 - November 7, 2019
This 100-hour residential training course at Anand Prakash Ashram in Rishikesh, India will ignite your passion and give you the confidence and tools to support, empower, and embolden women on their childbearing journey. This immersive course offers a rare blend of ancient yogic philosophy and practices and research-based findings that uphold sacred wisdom, all while incorporating a modern, feminine approach.
This Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training goes far beyond just adapting the postures for pregnant bodies – it offers a holistic, comprehensive, and revolutionary system to support mothers in all stages of pregnancy and postpartum. Developed and guided by Akhanda teacher trainer, full spectrum doula and holistic nutritionist Usha Anandi, this program is offered from a place of presence and embodied experience with the field of prenatal health. Usha will be assisted by the graceful wisdom of Jyanti Anandi, Akhanda teacher and prenatal Yoga specialist.
This course is ideal for Yoga teachers, doulas, midwives, women’s health enthusiasts, nurses, and those who feel the call to enhance their skills and ability to support pregnant mothers through asana, pranayama, mantra, meditation, and yogic wisdom. The course instills in you the presence and clarity to hold space for a woman’s own self-empowerment, creating greater, deeper connection with her own body for the sacred rite of passage that is pregnancy and birth.
During this course, we will explore the following:
- Over 25 asanas for all trimesters of pregnancy
- Pranayama and breathing techniques for pregnancy, birth, and postpartum
- The wisdom of the yoga sutras as applied to pregnancy
- An overview of the physical, emotional, and spiritual transformation throughout the trimesters of pregnancy and into postpartum
- Anatomy: An in depth look at the major muscles of pregnancy and birth, including the pelvic floor
- Anatomy of breath and its relationship to birth
- Anatomy of the subtle energy body as it relates to conception, pregnancy and birth
- Specific sequencing and practices for each trimester
- Restorative postures for pregnancy
- Mantra, vocal toning and kirtan: an exploration of the relationship between the voice and the womb, as well as vibrational healing during pregnancy, birth and postpartum
Graduates of this training will get a certificate for 100+ CEU hours (90 contact hours). This program exceeds the expectations of 85 hours for registration as a Prenatal Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance.
Prenatal Yoga Teacher’s manual
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
Pre readings and completion of online courses
This is designed to be an intensive Ashram residential experience
5:15 – 5:45 Meditation
6:00 – 7:45 Prenatal Yoga Class
8:00 – 8:30 Fire Puja
8:30 – 9:00 Breakfast
9:15 – 12:15 Program Session
12:30 – 1:00 Lunch
2:30 – 5:45 Program Session
6:00 – 6:45 Dinner
7:00 – 8:00 Evening program (certain evenings will be free)
The course takes place over 11 days, so there is a day off on Saturday Nov. 2nd with just morning practice and meditation on that day.
Connecting students with the sacred, expansive, and all-powerful energy within the body is at the core of all of Usha’s teachings. She shares her love for the ancient teachings of Yoga through offering holistic and balanced practices as taught to her by her teacher, Himalayan Yoga Master Yogrishi Vishvketu. Usha also pulls on her education as a holistic nutritionist, full spectrum doula, and ceremonialist to create an alchemy of science and spirit. A self-proclaimed ‘geek’, Usha specializes in blending the modern + scientific with the ancient + sacred to provide a truly holistic and integrative perspective for all who wish…
Learn more about Erin (Usha Anandi) Foley