When setting the ground for Akhanda Yoga as a contemporary style that is also deeply rooted in the Vedic and Adi-Nath traditions, Yogrishi has defined our true nature as blissful, joyful, fearless and expandible: so where should we direct our purpose, our intention, our Sankalp Shakti? Into that space deeply rooted in our heart, where we find Presence in absence, absence of movement and weight, where energy is neither measurable nor undivided.
During this retreat, we shall deep dive into our nothingness, aided by 3 workshops, with an initial Satsang on the topic of Shunyavad, our “zero-point”:
- Full Pranayama Workshop
- Asana as ritual for the body: Akhanda Flow Workshop
- Agni Hotra: Fire Puja
- Classical Kundalini Yoga practice & Shunyavad
For the early yogi-Naths, explorers of the ancient Adi Nath tradition (the tantric path of Yoga dated back circa 400 BC) the management of the life flow (Pra.Na) currents was a fundamental step towards the realization of our spiritual nature through the body. The Akhanda Yoga style, through its founder Yogrishi Vishvketu is the direct continuation of this ancient lineage, where breath is the fundamental tool of the whole Hatha Yoga discipline, codified in the “Hatha Yoga Pradipika” a text dating back about 8/900 years.
Akhanda Yoga is the contemporary expression of Hatha Yoga, intended as a holistic practice, one that has influenced the great schools & masters of Rishikesh such as Shivananda and later Satyananda with the Bihar School of Yoga.
The word Akhanda means whole and indivisible. Akhanda Yoga Institute is an educational institution devoted to teaching a full repertoire of authentic techniques, including: yogic wisdom, asana, pranayama, mantra, yoga nidra, and meditation. This allows us to carry over these ancient insights and tools from carefully preserved techniques into our contemporary yoga practice. Therefore Vishva-ji guides you through the process of rebalancing your Pranic energy thanks to:
- Breathing is one of the most powerful yoga techniques. It can release chronic stress and anxiety and help you heal on a deep cellular level. Many of us have been more anxious and sedentary than usual, a condition that might cause imbalances in the body and induce feelings of fear, limitation and sluggishness.
- Awareness of postures or Asanas is a form of ritual for the body, a means for Self-Realization.
- Meditation to expand your zero-point and unify with it.
You will also explore many other special yogic tools & techniques, including Yoga Nidra and carefully administered Vedic rituals that have been performed by yogic practitioners for centuries to release blocked emotions and reprogram yourself to reach your maximum potential.