11 May A Shout Out to our Marvellous Mothers
Motherhood is what keeps us all going. It is labour of Love to share time and space, joys and sorrows, ups and downs, challenges and huge leaps and milestones with our children. And, the responsibilities and daily tasks of motherhood happen without much fanfare. Mothers’ Day is a great time to express our gratitude to our mothers, grandmothers, aunts and other mother-figures whatever their gender for all their love, guidance and special times. So, let’s take that extra time to show our matriarchs we care and how much they mean in our lives. Go ahead dads – this is a great time to honour your co-parent in the journey of parenthood!
- Find a special, spacious moment to look in the mother’s eyes and tell her how much you appreciate all that she does for you and others.
- Maybe arrange a special solo coffee, tea or lunch date to share your gratitude.
- Spring plants are out in our neighbourhood — maybe a living Iris or Orchid as a token of appreciation rather than cut flowers.
- If you live with young kids, have them carry up some special fresh-squeezed juice and sliced fruits for a veggie, kid-friendly-to-make twist on the classic breakfast in bed!
- In Ayurveda, touch is nurturing and grounding by nature – just what mom’s may get depleted in by giving so much. Replenish and restore your mom-figure with an aromatic oil massage!
- Living in the National Capital Region? Join Vishva-ji for a nurturing and energizing Master Class in Old Ottawa South! Click Here for Details
- If you’re not living nearby, yoga in mom’s inbox may be just the thing to say you care even when you’re not there.
Tell mom about 45 days of free yoga at
Simply register on the Akhanda platform with promo code ILOVEMAMA